Monday, April 12, 2010

I do not hate Israel!

All of my life, having been born in the early aftermath of WWII, I have been a supporter of the Jewish people. I have also been a supporter of Israel, but lately it is a hard position to maintain. Frankly it was the pictures of Jena, the bulldozing of Palestinian homes and the cruel deaths of western peace activists that caused me to sit up and take another look at things. Israel has done nothing to win back my full support.

It has, for years, been of great concern to me that Israel, no doubt, has a nuclear arsenal big enough to destroy large parts of the planet, if not the planet it self, depending on their size and Israel's desire to destroy any nation by which they feel threatened.

Also, I cannot help but wonder how much shedding of the blood of innocents it takes before a holy land becomes unholy?

Maybe it is holy lands that should be outlawed. After all, it is religion that so often is blamed when people do idiotic things which threaten and take the lives of innocents all the time.

There is nothing civil about civil wars!